Friday, June 26, 2009

Tweets fron the hospital

Brain Blog 2.0 (#2)

As mentioned before, without internet access in the hospital, I used twitter to post sms from my mobile phone. Now that I'm out, here's the record.
Thx for following.

Day1
Insurance copay is $3/day. Machine accepts only coins!

Insurance copay is $3/day. Machine accepts only coins!

OMG-liver soup for dinner. Yuk! Can it get worse? I've got 10 days...

My seven roommates are a fairly moribund bunch, but I've already got 'em laughing:-). I'm starting to channel R.P. McMurphy:-D

Day2.
I went to bed late, hoping to sleep better. It didn't work. So much snoring - sounded like a jackhammer demolition crew!

Meat soup for breakfast? No thx:-/. So another $3 copay in the machine today. I wonder what the average patient bill is on "House"?

Day3
Slept better last nite. My roommates say I snore the worst. I said it doesn't matter to me- I'm already asleep by then!:-)

Moved to Neurosurgery building, and time travelled from the 50's to the 90's. Also just learned Czech word for suppository. :-(

Nice digs here- modern, clean, and a fitness room too which I utilized:-). But I don't like the guyz smoking in the bathroom:-@.

Day4
Looks like a fine day for an operation. Docs came by and said all systems are 'GO'. So let's do this thing.:-)

It's done! Some trouble removing old batteries; had to locate and cut old suchers. Some pain as they used only local anasthetic.

The surgeons and I swapped Czech jokes - mine were funnier:-D. The new batteries are running a little strong; will need tuning.

OK I'm ready to go home. Are they really gonna keep me in here for 7 more days? Maybe I'll take the boyz fishing. :-D

Lights out at 21:30. It's been a great day - I'm in pain, but it's a small price for another 5 years of function:-). Dobrou noc.

Day5
Feeling better now; must have slept wrong on the wounds. I'll definitely survive; well that is if the food doesn't kill me:-D.

Day6
Upgade! Slept ok and today moved from post-op to comfortable double room with a table & chair! Doc sez wounds look good:-)

Parallel universe? Haven't seen a fresh fruit or vegetable in 7 days. No matter; they do sell cigarettes... :-O

Day7
I'm sleeping well and dreaming about real food... Today the doc & tech should tune my new devices-sort of like a smog test?

Doc sez wounds are healing. If tuning goes ok, I could be released tomorrow! Today got huge delivery of food from friends:-)

Day8
Fresh fruit for breakfast! compliments of Petra:-). More tuning of devices today, and if all goes well: I'm OUTTAHERE :-D

That's it! I'm cleared for release-it's been a very interesting and successful stay here. Next post should be at blogspot.com :-)























No comments:

Post a Comment