Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Brain Blog 2004 #2


2004
HANK'S BRAIN BLOG (#2)


TODAY'S ACTIVITIES (The day before surgery)
Just another day at the office. I went to the La Jolla YMCA at noon for
some basketball and a brief workout in the weight room. That'll be the last
of both those activities for several months. My sister Mary Shovelton is here
for the week to be my designated caregiver. We¹ll eat dinner out tonite
joined by her daughter Sarah (Cheesecake Factory for some Key Lime cheesecake!),
then over to my place where Sarah will cut off all my hair. (she's an
up-and-coming beautician, but will act like a barber for this one) I
haven¹t had a crew cut since the 5th grade; but at age 50 I¹m delighted
to say it¹ll grow back! Bedtime is 10PM in advance of a 4AM wake-up.


A GREAT AUDIENCE
I¹ve continued to receive many supportive and humorous messages from
all of you. Thank you very much. My mom Marge Loeser reminded me of my 2nd visit
to a hospital; she was travelling by train from Milwaukee to Denver in 1956
with 7 children under 11 years old. I was the 2 year old who got into
her purse and swallowed a whole bottle of baby aspirin. They had to stop
the train and transport me to a hospital somewhere in rural Nebraska, where
I got pumped, and we were back on our way...
Several more readers had suggestions for what the surgeons may find when
they look inside my head including:
* a Green Bay Packer logo
* Elvis
* yips, shanks, chops, slices, hooks, tops, chillidips, etc.
Also, I received the attached photo which may have indeed forseen the
head protection gear I¹ll be wearing post surgery...


THE PROCESS
Tommorow is the big day for the big drill, so the next blog message is
scheduled for Wednesday morning PST. I'm looking forward to a successful
operation and will talk to you on the other side.
Cheers,
Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment